GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Good quality, reinforced hosepipe? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9595-good-quality-reinforced-hosepipe.html)

Nath 03-03-2003 10:16 AM

Good quality, reinforced hosepipe?

Hi

I'm trying to find good quality standard diameter hosepipe, which cannot
kink or get squashed (even when trodded on)

I have the standard green hosepipe, and it kinks- so using it the pressure
washer inlet causes problems.

Thanks
Nathan

Alison 04-03-2003 06:07 PM

Good quality, reinforced hosepipe?

"Nath" wrote in message
. ..
Hi

I'm trying to find good quality standard diameter hosepipe, which cannot
kink or get squashed (even when trodded on)

I have the standard green hosepipe, and it kinks- so using it the pressure
washer inlet causes problems.

Thanks
Nathan

Hmm we had this problem and diagnosed it as you have. However, we found
that the problem was actually that we had one of those nice convenient 'stop
ends' on the hose so that we could change the ends without turning off the
water. Once replaced with a standard end we had no further problems. Is
this a possibility on yours?

--A

Nath 04-03-2003 06:12 PM

Good quality, reinforced hosepipe?

Hmm we had this problem and diagnosed it as you have. However, we found
that the problem was actually that we had one of those nice convenient

'stop
ends' on the hose so that we could change the ends without turning off the
water. Once replaced with a standard end we had no further problems. Is
this a possibility on yours?

--A

No problem with the quick release socket- we need new pipe anyway, so might
as well get decent stuff. I've seen yellow hosepipe, is this pipe tougher
the standard green pipe ? - does it flatten when trodden on?- and is easy to
kink?

Thanks
Nathan