GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Identifying Hardy Geraniums (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/95957-identifying-hardy-geraniums.html)

Mike 15-06-2005 12:59 PM

Identifying Hardy Geraniums

Can someone please recommend a book or a site, which Joan can use to
identify a number of Geraniums growing in her garden, and hich she is unable
to identify from the books she has.

Mike

--
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past
H.M.S.Impregnable Ass. Sussex 1 - 4 July Visit to Int. Fest of the Sea

Emrys Davies 15-06-2005 01:40 PM

"Mike" wrote in message
Can someone please recommend a book or a site, which Joan can use to
identify a number of Geraniums growing in her garden, and hich she is

unable
to identify from the books she has.

Mike

--
National Service (RAF) Ass. Cosford 24 - 27 June Spitfire Fly Past
H.M.S.Impregnable Ass. Sussex 1 - 4 July Visit to Int. Fest of the Sea
RAF Regiment Assoc. Scarborough 2 - 5 Sept. Visit to Eden Camp
H.M.S.Collingwood Assn Trafalgar Dinner. Coventry October 21 - 24

http://www.fsperennials.co.uk/catalogue/pl_geranium.htm

http://www.shared-visions.com/explor...s/geranidx.htm

http://www.bellsbarn.demon.co.uk/ger.../geraniums.htm

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Des Higgins 15-06-2005 01:51 PM

"Mike" wrote in message
Can someone please recommend a book or a site, which Joan can use to
identify a number of Geraniums growing in her garden, and hich she is
unable
to identify from the books she has.

The Gardeners Guide to Growing Hardy Geraniums (Trevor Bath and Joy Jones)
is a beautiful book (gorgeous photographs) and does have an a-z list of
species and varieties although I suspect it could be hard to use to identify
random varieties.
It is a nice book to have anyway. After reading it, I started collecting
the things like a trainspotter. It will alow you to identify the obvious
ones although I suspect it will not work for many.

You can get it easily on Amazon.

Mike

Steve 15-06-2005 02:49 PM

http://www.gartendatenbank.de/genus/geranium

Mike 15-06-2005 02:50 PM

Thanks Steve and Emrys. We will have a look at those and see what comes up.
Thanks for your help

Mike

Charlie Pridham 15-06-2005 07:35 PM

"Steve" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message
Can someone please recommend a book or a site, which Joan can use to
identify a number of Geraniums growing in her garden, and hich she is

unable
to identify from the books she has.

Mike

http://www.gartendatenbank.de/genus/geranium

Best key I have found is in Peter Yeo's book, called "Hardy Geraniums"

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk

JennyC 15-06-2005 08:55 PM

"Mike" wrote in message
Can someone please recommend a book or a site, which Joan can use to
identify a number of Geraniums growing in her garden, and hich she is
unable to identify from the books she has.

Our URGler has lots of info :~)
http://www.bellsbarn.demon.co.uk/

Jenny

Janet Tweedy 18-06-2005 09:49 AM

In article , Emrys Davies
writes

http://www.bellsbarn.demon.co.uk/ger.../geraniums.htm

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Jill has a lot of expertise with geraniums and so will probably have
some very good books as well if you emailed her, I'm sure she wouldn't
mind.She doesn't visit the UK rec. group as much as she used to, so
won't see the post.

Janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph

Marian 10-09-2005 09:21 AM

[Mike
Hardy Geraniums by Trevor Bath and joy Jones is a great book, certainly helped me. Maybe someone has already told you of this but I am new to this site and haven't moved around it yet.