Old 15-06-2005, 08:46 PM
Chris Hogg

Default Miscanthus sinensis Zebrina

Have/had one of these. Behaved quite normally last year, with the
expected horizontal bands of cream variegation. This year, it's plain
green: no sign of stripes at all!

What happened? I cut down last year's growth in early spring this
year, if that's got anything to do with it.

--
Chris

Old 16-06-2005, 01:24 PM
Flora

Chris Hogg wrote:
Have/had one of these. Behaved quite normally last year, with the
expected horizontal bands of cream variegation. This year, it's plain
green: no sign of stripes at all!

What happened? I cut down last year's growth in early spring this
year, if that's got anything to do with it.

Stripes will develop on leaves as season progesses.

Old 16-06-2005, 10:27 PM
Chris Hogg

On Thu, 16 Jun 2005 12:24:47 GMT, Flora
wrote:

Chris Hogg wrote:
Have/had one of these. Behaved quite normally last year, with the
expected horizontal bands of cream variegation. This year, it's plain
green: no sign of stripes at all!

What happened? I cut down last year's growth in early spring this
year, if that's got anything to do with it.

Stripes will develop on leaves as season progesses.

I hope you're right, but I'm not convinced. It's 4 ft. high already,
about as tall as it got last year, and not a stripe to be seen! Time
will tell.

--
Chris

Old 17-06-2005, 05:48 AM
Charlie Pridham

wrote:

Chris Hogg wrote:
Have/had one of these. Behaved quite normally last year, with the
expected horizontal bands of cream variegation. This year, it's plain
green: no sign of stripes at all!

What happened? I cut down last year's growth in early spring this
year, if that's got anything to do with it.

Stripes will develop on leaves as season progesses.

I hope you're right, but I'm not convinced. It's 4 ft. high already,
about as tall as it got last year, and not a stripe to be seen! Time
will tell.

--
Chris

It will definitely go stripy later, mine is still plain green too :~)

--
Charlie, gardening in Cornwall.
http://www.roselandhouse.co.uk