Old 03-03-2003, 01:34 PM
Rosie

Default Is now okay to divide red hot pokers?

Is now a reasonable time to divide my red-hot pokers? Do I just chop in
with a big spade and move to another part of the garden?

ROSIE

Old 04-03-2003, 06:05 PM
Chris Hogg

On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:34:33 -0000, "Rosie" wrote:

Is now a reasonable time to divide my red-hot pokers? Do I just chop in
with a big spade and move to another part of the garden?

ROSIE

I've moved them at various times of the year with no problems. They
seem indestructible provided they're not in wet ground. Chop away.

--
Chris

Old 05-06-2004, 12:03 PM
Registered User

Location: Preston - Lancashire

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Hogg

Old 05-06-2004, 12:11 PM
Registered User

Location: Preston - Lancashire

Quote:
Originally posted by Chris Hogg
On Mon, 3 Mar 2003 13:34:33 -0000, "Rosie" wrote:

Is now a reasonable time to divide my red-hot pokers? Do I just chop in
with a big spade and move to another part of the garden?

ROSIE

I've moved them at various times of the year with no problems. They
seem indestructible provided they're not in wet ground. Chop away.

--
Chris

Dear Chris & Rosie,
I have moved mine to various locations and they still seem to thrive! (Chris - I think they are 'indestructable'!) - however wet or dry does not seem to bother mine - I don't know why?
Rosie, I do concure with chris - 'Chop away' (ps: not a good idea for side salads!)

Alan.
Old 09-06-2004, 03:37 PM
John Edgar

wrote:

Is now a reasonable time to divide my red-hot pokers? Do I just

chop in
with a big spade and move to another part of the garden?

ROSIE

We broke up a large clump 2 years ago and just shoved them into the
ground in a few places. Now they are romping away again. We just dug
them out: very unscientific.
John
In limine sapientiae

Old 09-06-2004, 05:25 PM
John Edgar

wrote:

Is now a reasonable time to divide my red-hot pokers? Do I just

chop in
with a big spade and move to another part of the garden?

ROSIE

We broke up a large clump 2 years ago and just shoved them into the
ground in a few places. Now they are romping away again. We just dug
them out: very unscientific.
John
In limine sapientiae

Kniphofias / Red Hot Pokers Chris Hogg United Kingdom 6 06-11-2005 06:32 PM
pampas grass and red hot pokers ex WGS Hamm United Kingdom 7 24-11-2004 08:20 PM
Red hot pokers - how to prune? gardencottage Gardening 2 16-11-2004 10:04 AM
Red hot pokers Pickle United Kingdom 1 22-05-2003 07:32 PM
Transplanting Red Hot Pokers GeoThermal United Kingdom 1 04-04-2003 07:56 PM