Old 04-03-2003, 11:00 AM
David Pearson

Default Where to get topsoil in Reading, Berkshire?

Hello,

My garden needs building up a bit.

Could anyone advise me on where to get some decent soil,
to be delivered to a Reading address? The last time I had
a delivery of topsoil, it was full of junk, so I'm really
looking for a recommendation of a good supplier this time.

Er, any idea what it costs?

Thanks!

--
David Pearson |
Environmental Systems Science Centre | Tel: (0118) 9318741
Old 04-03-2003, 11:37 AM
Paul Kelly

"David Pearson" wrote in message

Hello,

My garden needs building up a bit.

Could anyone advise me on where to get some decent soil,
to be delivered to a Reading address? The last time I had
a delivery of topsoil, it was full of junk, so I'm really
looking for a recommendation of a good supplier this time.

Er, any idea what it costs?

Depends what you mean by "decent" and how much you are willing to pay!

top market try:
http://www.rowlawn.co.uk/

pk

Old 04-03-2003, 02:38 PM
paul

"David Pearson" wrote in message

Hello,

My garden needs building up a bit.

Could anyone advise me on where to get some decent soil,
to be delivered to a Reading address? The last time I had
a delivery of topsoil, it was full of junk, so I'm really
looking for a recommendation of a good supplier this time.

Er, any idea what it costs?

Thanks!

--
David Pearson |

Environmental Systems Science Centre | Tel: (0118) 9318741
University of Reading | Fax: (0118) 9316413
RG6 6AL, United Kingdom |

www.nerc-essc.ac.uk/~dwcp/index.html

about 2 years ago i got about 21 tonne of top soil from Walkers on the Hyde
End Road Reading. i payed about £140 +VAT and the soil was good quality. no
rubbish and certainly very few stones. the lawn is growing happily on it at
the moment.