GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Clematis Edward/Ernest Markham (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/96113-clematis-edward-ernest-markham.html)

[email protected] 18-06-2005 09:33 PM

Clematis Edward/Ernest Markham

For at least 20 years I have had a neglected clematis that I thought
was Edward Markham. I have decided to give it proper attention and
have scoured the web for info.

It seems that there is an Ernest Markham as well and it is in a
different pruning group.

The University of Hull has a site that suggests strongly that mine is
Edward Markham and that they are the same plant anyway. Could someone
suggest a pruning programme in this case, please?

Colin