Old 20-06-2005, 06:18 PM
Kay

In article , Jaques
d'Alltrades writes
The message
from Kay contains these words:

N Yorks is a big place ;-)
Franz was in the Dales, ie Pennines, the flooding is round Helmsley on
the N York Moors a long way to the east. Picture on the local news today
where a 4 foot wall of water had gone straight through a living room,
out through the conservatory, demolished a garage and carried two cars
to the back of the garden - you can imagine the devastation. Flash
flooding is terrible - little warning, and water where you don't expect
it. Just hope no cavers were underground yesterday - it was quite scary
the speed at which our garden went from bone dry to 4 inches deep - gave
an insight into what could happen if there was a watercourse involved.

Isn't television marvellous! It was only a two-foot wall on the radio...

If a two foot wall causes that much havoc, I shall be extremely careful
which beaches I paddle on in future ;-)
--
Kay

Old 20-06-2005, 08:19 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Kay contains these words:

Isn't television marvellous! It was only a two-foot wall on the radio...

If a two foot wall causes that much havoc, I shall be extremely careful
which beaches I paddle on in future ;-)

I think that particular wall of water was travelling a good bit faster
than yer average seaside wavy-floppything.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/