Old 19-06-2005, 11:48 AM
Steve - www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk

Default Weather!!

Today there is a strong chance of damaging wind gusts and heavy hail.
The expected area is from the Bristol Channel to Humber. Yorkshire

Steve
--
The UK SpeedTrap Guide" @ www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk
The UK Weather Guide" @ www.ukstorms.com

Old 19-06-2005, 02:48 PM
Alan Gould

In article , Steve -
www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk writes
Today there is a strong chance of damaging wind gusts and heavy hail.
The expected area is from the Bristol Channel to Humber. Yorkshire

We are having a blistering heat wave here with high humidity. A light
breeze is helping to reduce the discomfort, but no gusts or hail - yet.
--
Alan & Joan Gould - North Lincs.
Old 19-06-2005, 05:00 PM
Pam Moore

On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 14:48:11 +0100, Alan Gould
wrote:

In article , Steve -
www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk writes
Today there is a strong chance of damaging wind gusts and heavy hail.
The expected area is from the Bristol Channel to Humber. Yorkshire

We are having a blistering heat wave here with high humidity. A light
breeze is helping to reduce the discomfort, but no gusts or hail - yet.

Ditto here, only a few miles SE of the Bristol Channel. They seem to
be wrong again, though I've just looked at Yahoo weather for Bristol
and they have it about right for today, but are promising change for
the next few days.

Pam in Bristol
Old 19-06-2005, 06:08 PM
Susan

"Steve - wrote
Today there is a strong chance of damaging wind gusts and heavy hail.
The expected area is from the Bristol Channel to Humber. Yorkshire

Spot on up here in Bolton. My banana leaves are shredded to pieces due to
large hail stones, flattish and slightly smaller than a 10p piece. Then high
winds, heavy rain and constant non-stop thunder for about half an hour.
Never heard anything like it before - weird.

Old 19-06-2005, 06:15 PM
Sacha

On 19/6/05 18:08, in article ,
"Susan" wrote:

"Steve - wrote
Today there is a strong chance of damaging wind gusts and heavy hail.
The expected area is from the Bristol Channel to Humber. Yorkshire

Spot on up here in Bolton. My banana leaves are shredded to pieces due to
large hail stones, flattish and slightly smaller than a 10p piece. Then high
winds, heavy rain and constant non-stop thunder for about half an hour.
Never heard anything like it before - weird.

Very hot and sunny here today but now at just after 6pm, it's humid and
clouded over. It feels as if it could thunder and rain but we've had a few
evenings like that and then nothing has happened. Our 'Oregon Scientific B
arometer' has told us all day that it's raining and cloudy and that the
pressure is level. I think I really must try to find the instruction
booklet!
--

Sacha

Old 19-06-2005, 08:04 PM
Kay

In article , Janet Baraclough
writes
The message
from "Steve - www.ukspeedtraps.co.uk" contains these words:

Today there is a strong chance of damaging wind gusts and heavy hail.
The expected area is from the Bristol Channel to Humber. Yorkshire

We had an immense thunder/lightning storm all last night (Saturday),
nearly six hours of continual huge crashing and flashing and torrential
rain.

We had a lovely one this evening. We sat on the (roofed) terrace
grilling salmon and courgettes while the lightning flashed around us and
sheets of rain crashed across the garden.

In the middle of it all a long-haired cat belted up towards the shelter
of the house as if the hounds of hell were after him.

When it was all over, I sploshed my way down to the garden to find the
whole bottom half under 2 to 6 inches of water with a fine torrent
cascading in from the car park one side and down to my neighbour's on
the other.
--
Kay

Old 19-06-2005, 11:25 PM
Kate

"Martin" wrote in message
On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 18:15:38 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 19/6/05 18:08, in article ,
"Susan" wrote:

"Steve - wrote
Today there is a strong chance of damaging wind gusts and heavy hail.
The expected area is from the Bristol Channel to Humber. Yorkshire

Spot on up here in Bolton. My banana leaves are shredded to pieces due
large hail stones, flattish and slightly smaller than a 10p piece. Then
high
winds, heavy rain and constant non-stop thunder for about half an hour.
Never heard anything like it before - weird.

Very hot and sunny here today but now at just after 6pm, it's humid and
clouded over. It feels as if it could thunder and rain but we've had a
few
evenings like that and then nothing has happened. Our 'Oregon Scientific
arometer' has told us all day that it's raining and cloudy and that the
pressure is level. I think I really must try to find the instruction
booklet!

Wind chill temperature here is 28Deg C!
--
Martin

Drove to Blackburn to see the Womens Euro 2005 and then home to Lincoln
through torrential rain and thunder storms. 20 miles north of Lincoln,
everywhere dry as a bone and sticky hot

Kate

Old 20-06-2005, 08:56 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Susan" contains these words:
"Steve - wrote

Today there is a strong chance of damaging wind gusts and heavy hail.
The expected area is from the Bristol Channel to Humber. Yorkshire

Spot on up here in Bolton. My banana leaves are shredded to pieces due to
large hail stones, flattish and slightly smaller than a 10p piece. Then high
winds, heavy rain and constant non-stop thunder for about half an hour.
Never heard anything like it before - weird.

The news this morning had a bit on it...

My comiserations to all in that area of the Frozen Norf.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 20-06-2005, 08:59 AM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Sacha contains these words:

Very hot and sunny here today but now at just after 6pm, it's humid and
clouded over. It feels as if it could thunder and rain but we've had a few
evenings like that and then nothing has happened. Our 'Oregon Scientific B
arometer' has told us all day that it's raining and cloudy and that the
pressure is level. I think I really must try to find the instruction
booklet!

Longwave was clicking and hissing yesterday afternoon abd last night, on
a more-or-less East-West axis. (Norfolk)

Old 20-06-2005, 09:19 AM
Pam Moore

On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:34:42 +0200, Martin wrote:

Helmsley and surrounding villages in N Yorks are quite wet too.

The news this morning is of very severe flooding in that area.
I do hope no urglers are affected.Any one who was will not be at the
computer this morning.
N Yorks is where Franz lived, I think.

Pam in Bristol

Old 20-06-2005, 01:09 PM
Kay

In article , Pam Moore
writes
On Mon, 20 Jun 2005 09:34:42 +0200, Martin wrote:

Helmsley and surrounding villages in N Yorks are quite wet too.

The news this morning is of very severe flooding in that area.
I do hope no urglers are affected.Any one who was will not be at the
computer this morning.
N Yorks is where Franz lived, I think.

N Yorks is a big place ;-)
Franz was in the Dales, ie Pennines, the flooding is round Helmsley on
the N York Moors a long way to the east. Picture on the local news today
where a 4 foot wall of water had gone straight through a living room,
out through the conservatory, demolished a garage and carried two cars
to the back of the garden - you can imagine the devastation. Flash
flooding is terrible - little warning, and water where you don't expect
it. Just hope no cavers were underground yesterday - it was quite scary
the speed at which our garden went from bone dry to 4 inches deep - gave
an insight into what could happen if there was a watercourse involved.

--
Kay

Old 20-06-2005, 01:56 PM
Rod Craddock

"Jaques d'Alltrades" wrote in message
k...
The message
The news this morning had a bit on it...

My comiserations to all in that area of the Frozen Norf.

--
Rusty

Anybody got intermittent broadband connections as a result? Tiscali say much
of Northern England is affected.

Old 20-06-2005, 02:36 PM
Dave

Martin writes
On Sun, 19 Jun 2005 18:15:38 +0100, Sacha
wrote:

On 19/6/05 18:08, in article ,
"Susan" wrote:

"Steve - wrote
Today there is a strong chance of damaging wind gusts and heavy hail.
The expected area is from the Bristol Channel to Humber. Yorkshire

Spot on up here in Bolton. My banana leaves are shredded to pieces due to
large hail stones, flattish and slightly smaller than a 10p piece. Then high
winds, heavy rain and constant non-stop thunder for about half an hour.
Never heard anything like it before - weird.

Very hot and sunny here today but now at just after 6pm, it's humid and
clouded over. It feels as if it could thunder and rain but we've had a few
evenings like that and then nothing has happened. Our 'Oregon Scientific B
arometer' has told us all day that it's raining and cloudy and that the
pressure is level. I think I really must try to find the instruction
booklet!

Wind chill temperature here is 28Deg C!

At 11 am it was 28°C, by 12:30 it was 29°, and by 2 pm it was 30° C.
Stayed hot, sunny and pretty clear all day. Could do with some rain
though, we must be well below average this year. Only ten days ago I was
lighting the gas fire to keep warm in the evening.
--
David

Use alt+248 on the number pad if you were wondering.
Old 20-06-2005, 03:39 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Jaques d'Alltrades contains
these words:

Longwave was clicking and hissing yesterday afternoon abd last night, on
a more-or-less East-West axis. (Norfolk)

Lunchtime, a thunderstorm all round about, not a lot of rain, and
continuous sound-effects.

I really suspected our local friendly F15s playing in the sky at first.

Old 20-06-2005, 03:40 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from Kay contains these words:

N Yorks is a big place ;-)
Franz was in the Dales, ie Pennines, the flooding is round Helmsley on
the N York Moors a long way to the east. Picture on the local news today
where a 4 foot wall of water had gone straight through a living room,
out through the conservatory, demolished a garage and carried two cars
to the back of the garden - you can imagine the devastation. Flash
flooding is terrible - little warning, and water where you don't expect
it. Just hope no cavers were underground yesterday - it was quite scary
the speed at which our garden went from bone dry to 4 inches deep - gave
an insight into what could happen if there was a watercourse involved.

Isn't television marvellous! It was only a two-foot wall on the radio...