Old 20-06-2005, 08:42 PM
Registered User

Question bay tree

my next door neighbour has a bay tree with sooty black stuff on the leaves..whats the cure?
Old 20-06-2005, 09:25 PM
Kay

In article , solaara solaara.1qxy80@
gardenbanter.co.uk writes

my next door neighbour has a bay tree with sooty black stuff on the
leaves..whats the cure?

Check for scale insects - the sooty black stuff is mould probably
living on excretions resulting from infestation - and deal with these.
Depending on size of bay tree, either pick off the scale insects by hand
or use a systemic insecticide - but don't use the bay leaves in your
rice pudding any more if you use the insecticide.
--
Kay

bay tree compost papa United Kingdom 2 03-03-2003 02:47 PM
Laurel Nobilis - Bay tree Anne Middleton/Harold Walker United Kingdom 1 03-03-2003 02:06 PM
Cuttings from a bay tree Ian Snowdon United Kingdom 10 27-01-2003 10:36 PM
Now OT, was: Cuttings from a bay tree Andy Spragg United Kingdom 0 21-01-2003 08:29 AM
Non gardener needs help with bay tree Steve Drake United Kingdom 1 15-01-2003 06:08 PM