GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Swiss Cheese Plant (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9627-swiss-cheese-plant.html)

Newbie Gardener 05-03-2003 12:01 PM

Swiss Cheese Plant

Hello

Can anyone tell me what the cheese plant uses its ariel roots for because I was
wondering if it would do any harm to chop them off!

Thanks
Lorraine

A.Malhotra 05-03-2003 12:34 PM

Swiss Cheese Plant

Newbie Gardener wrote:

Hello

Can anyone tell me what the cheese plant uses its ariel roots for because I was
wondering if it would do any harm to chop them off!

Thanks
Lorraine

Mostly for support: the ones that set off on an endless quest for pastures
new, usually very inconveniently right across the room can be cut off
without any worries (at least I've never worried and the plant is 10+ years
old).
Anita

Emrys Davies 05-03-2003 06:52 PM

Swiss Cheese Plant

'Lorraine',

This site has the complete answer to your question.

http://tinyurl.com/6wzd

Regards,
Emrys Davies.

Newbie Gardener 06-03-2003 05:19 PM

Swiss Cheese Plant

Thankyou

So it appears I can either chop them off or train them into the potting
compost!

Lorraine