GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Carnations and Azaleas (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/96287-carnations-azaleas.html)

Brendy 22-06-2005 11:47 AM

Carnations and Azaleas

Should I be pruning my carnations and Azaleas back each year? If so, at what time of year should I do it. If they don't have to be pruned, can you give me some advice on both plants please. Thanks

Chris Hogg 22-06-2005 08:40 PM

On Wed, 22 Jun 2005 10:47:53 +0000, Brendy
wrote:

Should I be pruning my carnations and Azaleas back each year? If so, at
what time of year should I do it. If they don't have to be pruned, can
you give me some advice on both plants please. Thanks

Azaleas aren't usually pruned, unless you need to re-shape them if
they've got too big, and anyhow I don't know if they take kindly to
it.

--
Chris