Old 24-06-2005, 11:22 AM
Uncle-C

Default Buxus problem !! Can it be saved ! ?

Hi,
I've been having Buxus problems
Perhaps photos with clarify things.

http://img101.echo.cx/img101/166/buxus015hq.jpg

http://img263.echo.cx/img263/2083/buxus029lo.jpg

The plants have been in this condition of some time now, even prior to
the hot spell we've been having in London and the Home Counties. I've
been keeping the soil moist with regular watering and was wondering if
it can be revived. It had not been watered for a while about 2 months
back, hence it reached this condition. Shall I snip of the brown /
golden dead leaves ? Re-potting ? Planting in soil ?
Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Uncle.

Old 25-06-2005, 01:53 AM
Chris S

"Uncle-C" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I've been having Buxus problems
Perhaps photos with clarify things.

http://img101.echo.cx/img101/166/buxus015hq.jpg

http://img263.echo.cx/img263/2083/buxus029lo.jpg

The plants have been in this condition of some time now, even prior to
the hot spell we've been having in London and the Home Counties. I've
been keeping the soil moist with regular watering and was wondering if
it can be revived. It had not been watered for a while about 2 months
back, hence it reached this condition. Shall I snip of the brown /
golden dead leaves ? Re-potting ? Planting in soil ?
Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Uncle.

Hi,
Yes go ahead and cut off the affected part. Could it be tom cat spraying,
or a late frost? It looks like it will recover, though. Good luck :-))

Chris S

Old 25-06-2005, 09:42 AM
Draven

"Uncle-C" wrote in message
oups.com...
Hi,
I've been having Buxus problems
Perhaps photos with clarify things.

http://img101.echo.cx/img101/166/buxus015hq.jpg

http://img263.echo.cx/img263/2083/buxus029lo.jpg

The plants have been in this condition of some time now, even prior to
the hot spell we've been having in London and the Home Counties. I've
been keeping the soil moist with regular watering and was wondering if
it can be revived. It had not been watered for a while about 2 months
back, hence it reached this condition. Shall I snip of the brown /
golden dead leaves ? Re-potting ? Planting in soil ?
Any advice would be most appreciated. Thanks.

Uncle.

I had this last year in many of my newly planted plants.
I found you could pull out the infected parts, root and all, and the plant
would survive.