GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Any urglers with Tiscali? (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/96418-any-urglers-tiscali.html)

Kay 24-06-2005 10:01 PM

Any urglers with Tiscali?

Brian has asked me to see if any Tiscali posters are still able to
receive and post to urg. He hasn't been able to see any posts since 20
Jun or to post to urg. If there are other Tiscali people still able to
read an post, then it's probably not a Tiscali problem.

He's tried to get through to the Tiscali helpline in India but can't get
any reply. Any suggestions welcome.
--
Kay

Rod 24-06-2005 10:17 PM

I've just done a post through google asking virtually the same
question. Looks like I need to go after Tiscali again. This is getting
boring, it's taken 4 months to get this broadband connection and I've
wasted countless hours of good gardening time getting no info or wrong
info from Tiscali and BT. Probably shortened my life by a few years -
grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Rod

Gary Woods 24-06-2005 10:56 PM

"Rod" wrote:

it's taken 4 months to get this broadband connection and I've
wasted countless hours of good gardening time getting no info or wrong
info from Tiscali and BT

There's currently a thread in news.admin.net-abuse.email regarding Tiscali
and spam. Not that they support it, but they're apparently not competent
to do anything about their spammers.
The consensus is that they do not labor under the burden of excessive
intellect.*

*Apologies to Terry Gilliam for probably mangling a good quote.

Hot and humid here in the northeastern section of the American colonies.
I'll take it over the alternative...

Janet Baraclough 25-06-2005 12:51 AM

The message
from Kay contains these words:

Brian has asked me to see if any Tiscali posters are still able to
receive and post to urg. He hasn't been able to see any posts since 20
Jun or to post to urg. If there are other Tiscali people still able to
read an post, then it's probably not a Tiscali problem.

He's tried to get through to the Tiscali helpline in India but can't get
any reply. Any suggestions welcome.

Abandon ship and find a new isp?

Janet

[email protected] 25-06-2005 06:25 PM

Janet Baraclough wrote:
Abandon ship and find a new isp?

I can recommend mine, freedom2surf. I have only had one technical
problem, and the first response was from an engineer, not from a
mind-ripped phone-droid. They were right too, I was wrong. Nice
people, nice price. http://www.f2s.com/adsl/homeuser.php

Rod 25-06-2005 07:21 PM

Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from Kay contains these words:

Brian has asked me to see if any Tiscali posters are still able to
receive and post to urg. He hasn't been able to see any posts since 20
Jun or to post to urg. If there are other Tiscali people still able to
read an post, then it's probably not a Tiscali problem.

He's tried to get through to the Tiscali helpline in India but can't get
any reply. Any suggestions welcome.

Abandon ship and find a new isp?

Janet

Just in case there are others in the same boat, here's the reply I
finally got from Tiscali after I blew my top when they tried to suggest
it was my newsreader settings.

'Dear Mr. Craddock,

Thank you for contacting Tiscali Customer Support.

We are aware of this issue. Our level-2 support team are investigating
the matter with utmost priority. This should be resolved as soon as
possible. Till then, please bear with us.

I apologise for the inconvenience caused.

If you have any further queries, please do not hesitate to contact us
using the following link: http://www.tiscali.co.uk/aboutus/contact/ '

End of quote.

Yes I'm looking for the exit, their information provided during the
protracted provisioning of my broadband connection has been abysmal -
if it existed at all it was just plain wrong.

spakker 26-06-2005 07:22 PM

"Kay" wrote in message
Brian has asked me to see if any Tiscali posters are still able to
receive and post to urg. He hasn't been able to see any posts since 20
Jun or to post to urg. If there are other Tiscali people still able to
read an post, then it's probably not a Tiscali problem.

He's tried to get through to the Tiscali helpline in India but can't get
any reply. Any suggestions welcome.

My partner worked in a call centre as tiscali' customer services '-when
tiscali were buying up every odds and sods isp - they didn't even have a
contact number for tiscali -someone even tried to run over the tiscali m.d.

Rod Craddock 26-06-2005 08:34 PM

"spakker" wrote in message

"Kay" wrote in message
Brian has asked me to see if any Tiscali posters are still able to
receive and post to urg. He hasn't been able to see any posts since 20
Jun or to post to urg. If there are other Tiscali people still able to
read an post, then it's probably not a Tiscali problem.

He's tried to get through to the Tiscali helpline in India but can't get
any reply. Any suggestions welcome.

My partner worked in a call centre as tiscali' customer services '-when
tiscali were buying up every odds and sods isp - they didn't even have a
contact number for tiscali -someone even tried to run over the tiscali
m.d.

Testing a free news server - lessee if I can post.

Janet Baraclough 26-06-2005 09:51 PM

The message
from "Rod Craddock" contains these words:

Testing a free news server - lessee if I can post.

Yes you can:-)

Janet

Rod Craddock 27-06-2005 07:38 PM

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Rod Craddock" contains these words:

Testing a free news server - lessee if I can post.

Yes you can:-)

Thanks Janet - Brian's back as well. I'm keeping the free account installed
just in case Tiscali goes awol again.

[email protected] 27-06-2005 09:28 PM

Rod wrote:
Janet Baraclough wrote:
The message
from Kay contains these words:

Brian has asked me to see if any Tiscali posters are still able to
receive and post to urg. He hasn't been able to see any posts since 20
Jun or to post to urg. If there are other Tiscali people still able to
read an post, then it's probably not a Tiscali problem.

He's tried to get through to the Tiscali helpline in India but can't get
any reply. Any suggestions welcome.

Abandon ship and find a new isp?

snip

Yes I'm looking for the exit, their information provided during the
protracted provisioning of my broadband connection has been abysmal -
if it existed at all it was just plain wrong.

You may find you are locked into a year's contract. They also have a
bad reputation for delaying migration (holding on to MAC codes, not
releasing your line), as well as being on a different system to
everyone else meaning you have to remove and re provision broadband to
move ISP. Have a nosey on uk.telecom.broadband.

Janet Baraclough 27-06-2005 09:31 PM

The message
from "Rod Craddock" contains these words:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Rod Craddock" contains these words:

Testing a free news server - lessee if I can post.

Yes you can:-)

Thanks Janet - Brian's back as well. I'm keeping the free account installed
just in case Tiscali goes awol again.

Okay, but could I put in a small plug for my isp zetnet and their
inhouse newsreader, zimacs. I've trialled other isp's (used by my
family) but have yet to find one as reliable and user-friendly. It has a
large number of users, like myself, who have stayed with it many years
because of the friendly fast personal service.

Apart from minimal cost and brilliant email-security, zetnet's vast
advantage for all users is that if anything at all goes wrong, my end or
theirs, I can phone or email one of the directors direct, who will fix
it at their end or kindly tell me how to fix anything wrong at my end.
In person. Pronto. With charm and good humour. Service doesn't come any
better than that.

Janet.

Bob Smith \(UK\) 27-06-2005 09:33 PM

"Rod Craddock" wrote in message

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Rod Craddock" contains these words:

Testing a free news server - lessee if I can post.

Yes you can:-)

Thanks Janet - Brian's back as well. I'm keeping the free account
installed
just in case Tiscali goes awol again.

I too am stuck with Tiscali, and have had no news server (other than google)
since the 20th. Would you care to share the secret of your free news
server? The only one I know is a yearly subscription job.

Bob

Sacha 27-06-2005 10:08 PM

On 27/6/05 18:38, in article , "Rod Craddock"
wrote:

"Janet Baraclough" wrote in message
The message
from "Rod Craddock" contains these words:

Testing a free news server - lessee if I can post.

Yes you can:-)

Thanks Janet - Brian's back as well. I'm keeping the free account installed
just in case Tiscali goes awol again.

Charlie Pridham is having major problems so if anyone is trying to contact
him, patience appears to be needed.
--

Sacha
(remove the weeds for email)

Jennifer Sparkes 27-06-2005 10:41 PM

The message
from Janet Baraclough contains these words:

Okay, but could I put in a small plug for my isp zetnet and their
inhouse newsreader, zimacs. I've trialled other isp's (used by my
family) but have yet to find one as reliable and user-friendly. It has a
large number of users, like myself, who have stayed with it many years
because of the friendly fast personal service.

Apart from minimal cost and brilliant email-security, zetnet's vast
advantage for all users is that if anything at all goes wrong, my end or
theirs, I can phone or email one of the directors direct, who will fix
it at their end or kindly tell me how to fix anything wrong at my end.
In person. Pronto. With charm and good humour. Service doesn't come any
better than that.

Janet,
Edward and I absolutely agree with you, and I there is someone else
who posts here who has said the same - several times ...

Jennifer