GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   seed potatoes (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/96430-seed-potatoes.html)

tenchman 24-06-2005 11:00 PM

seed potatoes

Hi group,

I have a small amount of a variety of potato that seems to have disappeared
off the market (Minerva). They have just been dug and I have them at present
in sand in my shed.

I want to use these as seed for the future, so please can anyone advise me
how to save and store this valuable (to me) stock of seed for next year?

Also does anyone in the group know of a seed supplier that might stock more
of this variety?

Thanks in advance to all those that take the time to reply.

David

Harold Walker 25-06-2005 07:14 AM

"tenchman" wrote in message
Hi group,

I have a small amount of a variety of potato that seems to have
disappeared off the market (Minerva). They have just been dug and I have
them at present in sand in my shed.

I want to use these as seed for the future, so please can anyone advise me
how to save and store this valuable (to me) stock of seed for next year?

I keep mine in the veggie section of the fridge.....temp. stays between 35
and 40 degrees F......H