GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Plant identification needed, please. (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/96592-plant-identification-needed-please.html)

Banana 28-06-2005 06:23 PM

Plant identification needed, please.

Hello!

Out with my camera today, I noticed a small purple flower and took a few pictures of it.
They are he
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=22178072&size=m
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=22177947&size=m

Can someone identify it for me please so I can fill in a title for the picture?

I assume they are a fairly common wildflower as there were thousands of them.

I took them with a close up lens and as a rough guess at size, they were about 1.5 - 2cm
in diametre.

Location Leeds.

Thanks for any help :-)

Banana :)
(Paul)

Stewart Robert Hinsley 28-06-2005 06:51 PM

In message , Banana
writes
Hello!

Out with my camera today, I noticed a small purple flower and took a
few pictures of it.
They are he
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=22178072&size=m
http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne?id=22177947&size=m

Can someone identify it for me please so I can fill in a title for the picture?

I assume they are a fairly common wildflower as there were thousands of them.

I took them with a close up lens and as a rough guess at size, they
were about 1.5 - 2cm
in diametre.

Location Leeds.

Thanks for any help :-)

Banana :)
(Paul)

Prunella vulgaris (Selfheal). Common in some types of moorland, and also
occurs in lawns and verges.
--
Stewart Robert Hinsley

Banana 28-06-2005 06:52 PM

"Spider" wrote in message

snip
| Hi Paul,
|
| It looks like Prunella to me. Sorry, can't think of the species name, but
| Prunella should find it. It is a wild plant of grassland, which seems to
| fit in with your picture. I believe it was once used as a healing herb.
|
| Spider

Excellent :-)

Thank you, Spider.

Many thanks,

Paul.

Banana 28-06-2005 07:09 PM

snip
| Prunella vulgaris (Selfheal). Common in some types of moorland, and also
| occurs in lawns and verges.
| --
| Stewart Robert Hinsley

Many thanks, Stewart.