GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Ants are eating my strawberries! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/96637-ants-eating-my-strawberries.html)

flowerpot 29-06-2005 02:20 PM

Ants are eating my strawberries!

They seem to prefer theirs just a little under ripe. If I pick the
strawbs before they've reached the ant enticing stage will they still
ripen in a dish?

Any suggestions how to get rid of ants without resorting to nasty
chemicals?

Help please!
flowerpot

Kay 29-06-2005 06:33 PM

In article . com,
flowerpot writes
They seem to prefer theirs just a little under ripe. If I pick the
strawbs before they've reached the ant enticing stage will they still
ripen in a dish?

Yes.
Also you'll find that strawberries are good once the seeds are turning
brown - the fruit does not need to be entirely red.

Any suggestions how to get rid of ants without resorting to nasty
chemicals?

keep the ground wetter?
--
Kay

kate7 30-06-2005 12:45 PM

My mother's house was infested with ants, and she heard on the telly that if you put out food for them in the garden they won't come in. She tried it, and it worked!! Maybe you could lure them away too.