Old 29-06-2005, 02:20 PM
flowerpot

Default Ants are eating my strawberries!

They seem to prefer theirs just a little under ripe. If I pick the
strawbs before they've reached the ant enticing stage will they still
ripen in a dish?

Any suggestions how to get rid of ants without resorting to nasty
chemicals?

Help please!
flowerpot

Old 29-06-2005, 06:33 PM
Kay

In article . com,
flowerpot writes
They seem to prefer theirs just a little under ripe. If I pick the
strawbs before they've reached the ant enticing stage will they still
ripen in a dish?

Yes.
Also you'll find that strawberries are good once the seeds are turning
brown - the fruit does not need to be entirely red.

Any suggestions how to get rid of ants without resorting to nasty
chemicals?

keep the ground wetter?
--
Kay

Old 30-06-2005, 12:45 PM
Registered User

My mother's house was infested with ants, and she heard on the telly that if you put out food for them in the garden they won't come in. She tried it, and it worked!! Maybe you could lure them away too.