Old 30-06-2005, 12:18 PM
Welsh Witch

Default "Rhapsody in Blue"

I have just bought 6 Rhapsody in Blue roses. I threw away the labels,
not liking any plastic in the garden . Theyr'e beautifully perfumed but I
can't remember whether they're repeat flowering or other details. I've
Gogled the name and come up with nothing other than the Gershwin
offering/
I haven't seen this rose before I remember it won some prize in 2003 abd
would have expected a write up somewhere but No!
**********************************
Old 30-06-2005, 02:17 PM
Martin

Rhapsody in Blue is a modern, repeat flowering, floribunda (or Cluster
Flowered to some). It sure is a lovely rose bringing a new colour break to
modern roses. An example of Rhapsody in Blue can be view on the Bexrose Web
Site at:- http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose under roses for
exhibiting.

Enjoy

Martin Double
Bexrose - Webmaster

Email:
Web Site:
http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose

news

Old 30-06-2005, 06:05 PM
Mike Lyle

jane wrote:
On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 12:18:56 +0100, Welsh Witch

wrote:

~ I have just bought 6 Rhapsody in Blue roses. I threw away the
labels, ~ not liking any plastic in the garden . Theyr'e

beautifully
perfumed but I ~ can't remember whether they're repeat flowering or
other details. I've ~ Gogled the name and come up with nothing

other
than the Gershwin ~ offering/

[...]
Googling "rhapsody in blue rose" turns up rather a lot...

http://www.arcadian-archives.com/roseoftheyear.htm says
'Rhapsody in Blue' is a shrubby floribunda rose with fragrant

blooms
in an exquisite shade of purple tinged with blue. [...]

Mutually contradictory -- in terms of colour -- images are at:
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=...=Search+Images

Or, TinyURL:
http://tinyurl.com/84nxh

--
Mike.

Old 30-06-2005, 11:47 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Mike Lyle
writes
jane wrote:
Mutually contradictory -- in terms of colour -- images are at:
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=...ie=ISO-8859-1&
hl=en&btnG=Search+Images

Or, TinyURL:
http://tinyurl.com/84nxh

The image just doesn't look real somehow, as if it's been severely
enhanced. Does it really look like this?

janet
--
Janet Tweedy
Dalmatian Telegraph
Old 01-07-2005, 08:21 AM
Martin

Your right Janet the image is some what Off! For a truer rendition of
Rhapsody in Blue see the photo on the Bexrose Web
Site at:- http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose listed under roses for
exhibiting.

Enjoy

Martin Double
Bexrose - Webmaster

Email:
Web Site:
http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose

"Janet Tweedy" wrote in message
In article , Mike Lyle
writes

Old 01-07-2005, 11:06 AM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Martin
writes
Your right Janet the image is some what Off! For a truer rendition of
Rhapsody in Blue see the photo on the Bexrose Web
Site at:- http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose listed under roses for
exhibiting.

Enjoy

Martin Double
Bexrose - Webmaster

Email:
Web Site:
http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose

I went there first for a picture but you don't list it under roses for
exhibition. Whereabouts is the image?

Love the site, really well done. Had it in my favourites for ages now.

janet
Old 01-07-2005, 11:11 AM
Mike Lyle

Martin wrote:
Your right Janet the image is some what Off! For a truer rendition

of
Rhapsody in Blue see the photo on the Bexrose Web
Site at:- http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose listed under

roses
for exhibiting.

Enjoy

Thanks. But you know, I'm not at all sure I'd like it (I'm a bit
funny about roses). I'll have to get out and look for some in real
life.

--
Mike.

Old 01-07-2005, 12:52 PM
Martin

Janet,

The Web site has recently been updated which might explain why you could not
find Rhapsody in Blue. Here is a link direct to the page containing the
Photo:
http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bex...nVarieties.htm

I'm pleased that you like our web site keep it bookmarked as there is lots
more to be added.

Enjoy

Martin Double
Bexrose - Webmaster
Email:
Web Site:

Old 01-07-2005, 04:14 PM
JennyC

jane wrote:
Mutually contradictory -- in terms of colour -- images are at:
http://images.google.co.uk/images?q=...ie=ISO-8859-1&
hl=en&btnG=Search+Images

Or, TinyURL:
http://tinyurl.com/84nxh

The image just doesn't look real somehow, as if it's been severely
enhanced. Does it really look like this?
janet

I have a 'blue' climbing rose (name unknown) ...... the colour looks as if it's
been thu too many wash cycles on a hot wash :~)

But it's 'interesting'

Jenny

Old 01-07-2005, 07:56 PM
Sarah Dale

JennyC wrote:
I have a 'blue' climbing rose (name unknown) ...... the colour looks as if it's
been thu too many wash cycles on a hot wash :~)

Jenny,

Probably 'Blue Moon' which we are growing - its shown as blue in photo's
and comes out a very pale lilacy sort of colour in real life - I like
it, but you couldn't call it blue! Mines in bloom right now.

HTH,

Sarah

Old 02-07-2005, 08:29 AM
Welsh Witch

On Thu, 30 Jun 2005 13:17:50 +0000, Martin wrote:

[...]

Thankyou one and all for the information.
I love it and it just suits my purpose very well
I have a "Magic Circle" and in true tradition have green, red, yellow and
blue quarters.
I have red "Royal William" and L.D. Braithwaite (but now wish I had more
"Fred Loads"!
I have "Pilgrim" in the yellow quarter and "Arthur C. Bell" but wish I had
all "Korresia"
Now I am buying...I shall need 6 more Rhapsody in blue.

It's surrounded by pink Grostendoorst, Canary Bird, Roserie de l'hay
X3,Plein de grace X3,Ispahan,Albertine etc.

I shall be delighted with this "minor key" rose the perfume is lovely..to
add to my "lunatic according to my husband" rose collection.I have rose
over the roof of the house "Treasure Trove" over large pillars over the
buildings, Bobbie James, Wedding Day, Kiftsgate"Hymalian Musk.
They all throw a beautiful perfume into the air at the moment.
Thanks again everyone.
*************************

Old 02-07-2005, 12:44 PM
Mike Lyle

Welsh Witch wrote:
[...]
[...]

Wow, what a wonderful display! I won't say "Blessed be", since you
obviously blessed _are_ !

--
Mike.

Old 02-07-2005, 07:06 PM
Welsh Witch

On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 12:44:53 +0100, Mike Lyle wrote:

Welsh Witch wrote:
[...]
"Welsh Witch" wrote in message
news I have just bought 6 Rhapsody in Blue roses. I threw away the
[...]

*******************************
Thankyou:-)
You are right thte desplay is marvellous and the perfume amazing what
really gets me down when I try to photograph the things I see before me
the camera obviously doesn't see the same as I do. I suppose I should have
something other than a digital camera with a different lens?
*********************************

Old 02-07-2005, 09:22 PM
Janet Tweedy

In article , Martin
writes
Janet,

The Web site has recently been updated which might explain why you could not
find Rhapsody in Blue. Here is a link direct to the page containing the
Photo:
http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bex...nVarieties.htm

I'm pleased that you like our web site keep it bookmarked as there is lots
more to be added.

Enjoy

Martin Double
Bexrose - Webmaster
Email:
Web Site:
http://home.btconnect.com/cadoss/bexrose

Thanks Martin, a really unusual colour! I loved Incognito, does that
have a heavy scent?

janet

Old 02-07-2005, 10:45 PM
Mike Lyle

Welsh Witch wrote:
On Sat, 02 Jul 2005 12:44:53 +0100, Mike Lyle wrote:

[...]
Wow, what a wonderful display! I won't say "Blessed be", since you
obviously blessed _are_ !

*******************************
Thankyou:-)
You are right thte desplay is marvellous and the perfume amazing

what
really gets me down when I try to photograph the things I see

before
me the camera obviously doesn't see the same as I do. I suppose I
should have something other than a digital camera with a different
lens? *********************************

I doubt if it's the camera or the lens: great photographers can use
depressingly simple equipment. The camera really _does_ see things
differently, because it hasn't got a brain processing the
information. Practice is the only way. When working with children on
seeing nature, I used to get them to look through little frames and
tubes to get different views -- amazing how a cardboard frame can
make a view into a picture, or a loo-roll tube can turn your eye into
a telescope or a microscope! I'd guess photography trainers use the
same sorts of tricks -- and I know they use plain white sheets of
stuff as reflectors to bring light into places we don't even realise
are shaded because the brain fills in the missing detail, but which
look murky when our pictures come back.

--
Hwyl,
Mike.

Rhapsody in Blue Martin Gardening 0 01-07-2005 08:23 AM
Rhapsody in Blue Martin Roses 2 01-07-2005 03:45 AM