GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Moss! (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/96877-moss.html)

donal 04-07-2005 11:10 AM

Moss!

Hello gardeners,
I have just returned from a year in Japan, and am keen to 'japanise' a small area of my family's garden. Close to my newly converted shed (it is now a batchelor's pad), there are a number of rocks, secured into the earth.
I would basically like to cover all the earth with moss (and perhaps on some of the rocks as well), to form a kind of japanese carpet of the stuff.
Is this at all possible? Must I buy some moss, and then help it to spread by continually watering it?
I would be very grateful for any suggestions and advice.
Thank you very much,
Donal Coonan
(London, UK)