Old 04-07-2005, 09:04 PM
Registered User

Default Yellow Grass Trouble

All,

I am having terrible problems keeping my lawn green and lush in certain places. It was laid last spring/summer by the previous tentants and has been fine upto the last couple of months or so.

As you can see from the pictures that the problem is mainly in the front left portion of the garden.

This has part of garden has plenty things NOT going for it.

1) this is where i walk to get to the shed and to water the border every other day
2) this part of the garden in virtual full sun throughout the day
3) I believe the roots for the large Silver Birch tree are right under there
4) i've only created the border this spring and so this part of the garden has really took some hammer under foot.

If you look at the pictures though you can see the rest of the lawn is not in too bad shape and quite green, just this problem quarter.

About 4/6 weeks ago i used some Evergreen Complete on the lawn and watered as directed etc. The rest of the lawn seems to have improved a little from the feed, but not the dreaded quarter.

I've been trying to water the bad patch a little too thinking it might be drying out.

Is it

1) Getting damaged under foot?
2) Sun drying it out?
3) Birch roots drying it out?

Is there some other feed that anyone can recommend for this area or has anyone got any suggestions?

Any thoughts or help would be very very much appreciated

Many Thanks

Mick
Sheffield
Attached Thumbnails
Yellow Grass Trouble-yellow-grass-2.jpg   Yellow Grass Trouble-yellow-grass-1.jpg