GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   sweetpeas (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9694-sweetpeas.html)

paul 07-03-2003 08:55 AM

sweetpeas

my sweatpeas have started to come up at last, is there anything i need to do
to them once they start growing or are the transplanted straight into the
ground when they are big enough.

Roberto 07-03-2003 06:32 PM

sweetpeas

You need to keep them cool. I germinate mine in pots outside but I am in
Plymouth, a very mild part of the Country. when they get two or three pairs
of leaves you should pinch out the growing tip to get the bottom side shoots
started. These will bear the flowers and if you are not growing for show,
just plant them out when they get to a healthy size, about 4 or 5 inches
high. They may need a help against any strong cold winds to start with and a
few slug pellets