Old 11-07-2005, 08:41 PM
Alan Holmes

Default Grass behaving oddly?

We have recently rearranged the front garden and made the grassed
area a little larger, the patch was seeded and has grown fairly
successfully, but the grass is growwing stronger and quicker where
it meets the new paving.

Why should it grow faster in one spot than in another?

--
Alan

Reply to alan (dot) holmes27 (at) virgin (dot) net

Old 11-07-2005, 08:47 PM
Sue Begg

In message , Alan Holmes
writes

We have recently rearranged the front garden and made the grassed
area a little larger, the patch was seeded and has grown fairly
successfully, but the grass is growwing stronger and quicker where
it meets the new paving.

Why should it grow faster in one spot than in another?

Is it possibly getting water runoff from the paving?
--
Sue
Remove the puppies to reply
Old 11-07-2005, 08:59 PM
Jaques d'Alltrades

The message
from "Alan Holmes" contains these words:

We have recently rearranged the front garden and made the grassed
area a little larger, the patch was seeded and has grown fairly
successfully, but the grass is growwing stronger and quicker where
it meets the new paving.

Why should it grow faster in one spot than in another?

Grass likes lime - look at an old tennis court, you can see the lines
for years afterwards.

--
Rusty
http://www.users.zetnet.co.uk/hi-fi/
Old 11-07-2005, 09:05 PM
Cyril

warmth?

--
easdon
"Sue Begg" wrote in message
In message , Alan Holmes
writes

Old 11-07-2005, 11:35 PM
Alan Holmes

"Sue Begg" wrote in message
In message , Alan Holmes
writes

We have recently rearranged the front garden and made the grassed
area a little larger, the patch was seeded and has grown fairly
successfully, but the grass is growwing stronger and quicker where
it meets the new paving.

Why should it grow faster in one spot than in another?

Is it possibly getting water runoff from the paving?

It's only a very narrow bit of paving, just a foot wide, and we haven't had
any real rain for a while.

--
Sue
Remove the puppies to reply