GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Follow on crops (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/97346-follow-crops.html)

Spud 13-07-2005 12:47 PM

Follow on crops

As a newcomer to 'growing yer own' I have just lifted a large area of potatoes. What should I plant now in their place. I was thinking of brocolli. any sugeestions please !

Robert 13-07-2005 08:03 PM

"Spud" wrote in message
:
: As a newcomer to 'growing yer own' I have just lifted a large area of
: potatoes. What should I plant now in their place. I was thinking of
: brocolli. any sugeestions please !
:
:
: --
: Spud

It may be ok to put the plants in now. What about seeds of white turnip,
parsley, beetroot, leeks (to leave unthinned), and early carrots?

Spud 13-07-2005 09:15 PM

Would the leeks have to be as plants or would they be ok from seed ?

Robert 14-07-2005 08:09 AM

"Spud" wrote in message
:
: Robert Wrote:
: "Spud" wrote in message
: ...
: :
: : As a newcomer to 'growing yer own' I have just lifted a large area
: of
: : potatoes. What should I plant now in their place. I was thinking of
: : brocolli. any sugeestions please !
: :
: :
: : --
: : Spud
:
: It may be ok to put the plants in now. What about seeds of white
: turnip,
: parsley, beetroot, leeks (to leave unthinned), and early carrots?
:
: Would the leeks have to be as plants or would they be ok from seed ?
:
Plants would grow bigger but if not available leeks grown from seed and left
as they are, make an acceptable thin leek for kitchen use
:
: --
: Spud

Spud 14-07-2005 02:35 PM