GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   PlantforLife Campaign (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/97438-plantforlife-campaign.html)

Chris_Moran 15-07-2005 10:29 AM

PlantforLife Campaign

There is a campaign taking place in the UK called PlantforLife. This initiative is spearheaded by the Horticultural Trades Association (HTA) and is aimed at raising the awareness of plants and the role that they can play in enhancing people's quality of life. PlantforLife is also supported by the Horticultural Development Council and the European Union. Research has shown that having regular exposure to plants and green spaces can radically reduce your stress levels and put you in a better mood! And having more plants in the home, school and workplace will bring all kinds of environmental, health and morale boosting benefits.

How many are aware of this campaign? I believe that retailers can get various point of sale material by registering with the campaign. However I have not seen any yet in Scotland. I only became aware of it when doing market research in relation to my houseplant watering invention.

Chris

Chris_Moran 15-07-2005 11:10 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Chris_Moran
There is a campaign taking place in the UK called PlantforLife.Chris

Forgot to say that I think this campaign makes a lot of sense and is a great initiative imho. What I'd like to know is whether ordinary plant enthusiasts and others are aware of it. There is a website at www.plantforlife.info.
Chris