Old 19-07-2005, 06:20 PM
Paul Waites

Default Streptocarpus & aphids.

Hi all,

Does anyone know a good spray against aphids that is safe to use on
streptocarus....

Mine are riddled with the blighters this year.... I know that
streptocarpus are quite sensitive to chemicals...

I've tried dilute washing-up liquid but that hasn't done the trick. Any
ideas welcomed.

Cheers,

Paul.
Old 19-07-2005, 07:15 PM
Rod Craddock

"Paul Waites" wrote in message
Hi all,

Does anyone know a good spray against aphids that is safe to use on
streptocarus....

Mine are riddled with the blighters this year.... I know that
streptocarpus are quite sensitive to chemicals...

I've tried dilute washing-up liquid but that hasn't done the trick. Any
ideas welcomed.

Cheers,

One of the Imidacloprid based products should do it for you, with the added
bonus of dealing with any Vine Weevil or Sciarid grubs. Apply as a drench -
ie a good watering to each pot. Read the instructions on the pack - we use a
commercial version so I'm not very familiar with the retail packs but iirc
some formulations are meant for watering on and others for spraying. In
general spraying *anything* on Streptocarpus is potentially damaging and to
be avoided as far as possible.
--
Rod

My real address is rodtheweedygardeneratmyweedyisp
Just remove the weedy bits
and transplant the appropriate symbol at.

Old 20-07-2005, 11:25 AM
Paul Waites

Rod Craddock wrote:
[...]

Cheers Rod,

I'll take a look and see if I can find some... Even spraying soay water
seemed to damage the leaves.

Paul.
Old 20-07-2005, 10:58 PM
Rod Craddock

Rod Craddock wrote:
"Paul Waites" wrote in message

Cheers Rod,

I'll take a look and see if I can find some... Even spraying soay water
seemed to damage the leaves.

What I forgot to mmention was the trade names - Bio Provado, seems to be
available in more than one formulation, you need the one that's applied to
the soil - not to the foliage.
--
Rod

My real address is rodtheweedygardeneratmyweedyisp
Just remove the weedy bits
and transplant the appropriate symbol at.

Caterpillar on Streptocarpus Ted United Kingdom 5 16-01-2019 10:48 PM
Streptocarpus Tops United Kingdom 0 20-07-2008 11:20 AM
Streptocarpus Wendy7 Garden Photos 2 10-03-2008 05:19 PM
Streptocarpus cuttings? JennyC United Kingdom 3 20-02-2005 05:50 PM
Streptocarpus Olga Gardening 1 06-12-2003 03:42 AM