GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Paeony Rose (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/97812-paeony-rose.html)

Glenda 23-07-2005 11:27 AM

Paeony Rose

I moved a paeony rose from my mum's garden to ours 3 years ago and
it's never flowered although the foliage has been lush and plentiful.
I understand now that I could have planted it too deeply. Is it worth
lifting it at the end of this season when the foliage has died and
re-plant it - and if so, should I do this in the same spot it is
presently in, only shallower or move to a completely different part of
the garden and try again?

Any advice gratefully received.

Glenda

--
10 Years! Coronation Street Weekly Updates for th'Internet
http://www.corrieweeklyupdates.btinternet.co.uk

cineman 23-07-2005 03:45 PM

Hi,
You can dig up when in dormancy stage and split if you wish, you could also
try feeding from now until leaves die back with a high potash fertiliser
such as tomato feed, this will build up the nutrients in the roots for
flowering next year.
paeony,s can take about 3 years before flowering after being disturbed.
As your plant has very lush foliage, I would simply go with tomato feed for
rest of this season.
regards
Cineman