GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   garlic chives - an excellent slug trap (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/9789-re-garlic-chives-excellent-slug-trap.html)

Mike Gilmore 08-03-2003 07:45 AM

garlic chives - an excellent slug trap

We discovered by chance an excellent alternative use for garlic chives when
we found they were 'adored' by slugs. On that first occasion we found around
sixty of the slimy perishers on or around our new garlic chives. Since that
'fateful evening' we now surround the plant with slug pellets and still the
slimy perishers try to throw themselves on to the plant leaving the
remaining herbs well alone.
Regards,
Mike Gilmore
www.winsfordwalledgarden.freeserve.co.uk

"shazzbat" wrote in message
I recently found a packet of seeds called garlic chives, or "lazy garlic"
claiming to be a chive-like plant with a garlic flavour/aroma. Anyone

tried
it? And was it any good?

TIA

Shazzbat