GardenBanter.co.uk

-   -   Mysterious decapitation of Sunflowers (https://www.gardenbanter.co.uk/united-kingdom/98981-mysterious-decapitation-sunflowers.html)

[email protected] 24-07-2005 08:48 AM

Mysterious decapitation of Sunflowers

I'm feeling very annoyed because two of my massive sunflowers, which
recently burst into flower and reached the top of the 8 foot garden
wall, have been mysteriously decapitated. I get on well with my
neighbours, so I can only assume that birds or animals were
responsible. Any suggestions about who the culprit(s) might have
been?

Ken Cohen

Spider 24-07-2005 01:35 PM

Steve wrote in message

wrote in message
oups.com...
I'm feeling very annoyed because two of my massive sunflowers, which
recently burst into flower and reached the top of the 8 foot garden
wall, have been mysteriously decapitated. I get on well with my
neighbours, so I can only assume that birds or animals were
responsible. Any suggestions about who the culprit(s) might have
been?

Squirrels

I agree. It happens most summers.
Spider