Old 23-06-2003, 06:56 PM
DigitalVinyl

Default Indoor hibiscus care??

I have zero experience here, but I've grabbed a few good books while
learning.
For HIBISCUS ROSA SINESIS (Chinese Hibiscus, Rose-Mallow)

LOCATION: Bright SUnny, sheltered from wind and rain
DO NOT CHANGE LOCATION BECAUSE THE BUDS MAY FALL OFF (it is emphasized
in the book)

WATERING, FEDDING: During the growth period, water abundantly, BUT DO
NOT LET THE BALL BECOME DRY OR PERMIT STANDING WATER TO FORM. Leaves
drop if ball becomes dry. Until August feed twice a week. (feeding
refers to a fertilizer)

Another source agrees but says Feed till September. By stopping the
feeding you will harden the wood. Drainge is very important. They
both seem to indicate to set it outside for spring/summer--maybe Texas
is too hot...I dunno. They both require cutting back in spring like
roses to foster better, compact, healthier growth.

Hope that helps
DiGiTAL ViNYL (no email)
1st Year Gardener