Old 08-02-2006, 09:31 PM posted to austin.gardening
Elliot Richmond

Default I-Bomb

On Tue, 7 Feb 2006 21:53:07 -0600, "Scott Richardson"
wrote:

I have white flies on my nicotiana and fushia that I winter over in a south
window. They do great. Southern Minnesota. Trouble is I also do great
raising swarms of white flies.

Way down south here in the other Austin, I have had good luck with
dormant oil. However, that was on outdoor plants. I do not how it
would work or even how to apply it on indoor plants. White flies are
tricky, because they seem to have a sort of waxy coating. That is why
soap- or oil-based treatments work better.

It is 71 F right now here in Austin. Texas. How is it in Austin,
Minnesota?

Elliot Richmond
Freelance Science Writer and Editor