Identify Bamboo Species Please

Old 23-06-2015, 09:06 PM

Default Identify Bamboo Species Please

Hi everyone, I've just moved into my new house in York.
There's a lovely bamboo plant in the garden and I've no idea what it is.
It doesn't have leaves - just small growths at the top of some of the canes. The canes are bright green and stripy.
It's about four feet high and there's plenty of new canes popping up.
Excuse the rubbish pictures - I had to rotate them to be able to post them.
Wanting to know how high it will grow and how to manage it.
Thanks in advance!
Attached Thumbnails
Identify Bamboo Species Please-img_20150623_205615.jpg  Identify Bamboo Species Please-img_20150623_205555.jpg
Old 14-07-2016, 04:47 AM

Location: Somerset
Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by ivorhooper View Post
Hi everyone, I've just moved into my new house in York.
There's a lovely bamboo plant in the garden and I've no idea what it is.
It doesn't have leaves - just small growths at the top of some of the canes. The canes are bright green and stripy.
It's about four feet high and there's plenty of new canes popping up.
Excuse the rubbish pictures - I had to rotate them to be able to post them.
Wanting to know how high it will grow and how to manage it.
Thanks in advance!
Hello I know it has been a while since you last posted, but did you get an answer by any chance?? how quick are they growing??
I have some in my garden and they just don't stop rapid growth rate and look just like these but a little bit bigger. If you do know the name please reply

Thanks
Old 29-07-2016, 11:29 PM
Jamjo's Avatar

Location: South

looks like equisetum hyemale?
Old 26-01-2017, 11:12 AM
Budburst's Avatar

Exclamation

Quote:
Originally Posted by gardenaway View Post
Hello I know it has been a while since you last posted ........
Even longer still! I have acquired some bamboo myself that I would like to have identified so I can determine whether it can be grown indoors. Is there anyone out there who can link the three of us to page on how to identify bamboo?