Old 15-04-2003, 08:44 PM
C.R. Hinners

Default Apply Milky Spore to Non-Grass Areas?

I am applying milky spore for grub control. Is it necessary to apply it to
the non-grass areas (mulch beds, around trees, etc.) of my yard? Assuming
the grubs only feed on grass roots, it seems as though it wouldn't be
necessary to apply the spore where there isn't any grass; it is quite
expensive stuff.

Thank you.
Old 16-04-2003, 02:56 AM
Purchgdss

I am applying milky spore for grub control. Is it necessary to apply it to
the non-grass areas (mulch beds, around trees, etc.) of my yard? Assuming
the grubs only feed on grass roots, it seems as though it wouldn't be
necessary to apply the spore where there isn't any grass; it is quite
expensive stuff.

Thank you.

Grubs do not differentiate between roots. Your prize (pick a plant) is just as
vulnerable as your grass. When I put it down EVERYWHERE on my property, I
considered the $25+ per container MUCH less expensive than replacing all my
plants, bulbs, tubers, shrubs, trees, etc.

Try and consider it that way.

Just my 2 cents.........
Christine
Old 17-04-2003, 03:56 AM
Joe Morris

Where do you get milky spore? Feed store?

Regards,

Joe Morris

Please remove ZAP to email me.

Old 18-04-2003, 02:20 AM
Purchgdss

Where do you get milky spore? Feed store?

Believe it or not, I got mine from Home Depot. Worked fine for my 3/4 acre
plot.

Just my 2 cents.........
Christine