Old 20-03-2005, 07:03 PM
Matt J. McCullar

Default Where to find an electric shredder in Fort Worth?

Howdy, folks! I'm really in need of some advice on an electric garden
shredder.

My dad is the gardening enthusiast, not I, but I've got the Internet and he
doesn't.
He would really like a new or somewhat-new electric garden shredder for the
backyard. He likes to mulch things up and he's already worn out two
previous models. One was gas-engine powered and he'd rather stick with
electric if possible. I don't recall their makes or model numbers.

I've done a LOT of research on-line, but can't seem to find any store in the
Fort Worth area that carries anything like this. I've even checked web
sites for Wal-Mart, Black & Decker, Home Depot, Sears, McCulloch, etc. I've
gotten a couple of bites, but then something else gets in the way -- such
as: they don't tell you the price; or it's available only on-line, and Dad
wants to see it and get his hands on it to see if he'll like it before he
plonks down any money; or it's far too expensive (well over $600).

These devices seem to be much more popular in the United Kingdom, as I got
plenty of hits on a web search for British-based sites. Dad would like to
find one locally (Fort Worth, Texas) if at all possible.

Can anyone help? We'd be very much appreciative!
Thanks!!!

Matt J. McCullar
Arlington, TX