Old 24-03-2005, 05:18 PM

Default what to do with tall Cereus Peruvianus? $ sell?

got a cereus peruvianus that has become way too tall
and contemplating moving into another place with much lower
ceilings, so it has got to go

question is what to do with this 18 foot tall cactus?
it is about 15 years old and about 8 inches across at the base.

does it have any great value to maybe a restaurant
or ? any ideas of $

give it to the government?

what to do?

thanks

Old 25-03-2005, 12:10 AM
madgardener

damn, I wish I could take it for you. I have a Cereus myself I've had for
almost 20 years. It and the pot weighs about 150 pounds or so, I drag it
outside every spring after frost is over, and back inside just before first
frost kisses it. It blooms for me in the evenings somewhere around August or
September, depending on it's "mood". Mine is about 6-7 foot tall only
because I won't let the arms grow too tall. One year it grew me an arm that
put it at 10 foot 11 3/4 inches and I had 9 foot ceilings at the time.
That's when I learned to cut the arms off, cure them and put them back into
the pot with their mom plant. you could always let me baby sit it g
madgardener

Old 25-03-2005, 01:32 AM

On Thu, 24 Mar 2005 19:10:17 -0500, "madgardener"
wrote:

damn, I wish I could take it for you. I have a Cereus myself I've had for
almost 20 years. It and the pot weighs about 150 pounds or so, I drag it
outside every spring after frost is over, and back inside just before first
frost kisses it. It blooms for me in the evenings somewhere around August or
September, depending on it's "mood". Mine is about 6-7 foot tall only
because I won't let the arms grow too tall. One year it grew me an arm that
put it at 10 foot 11 3/4 inches and I had 9 foot ceilings at the time.
That's when I learned to cut the arms off, cure them and put them back into
the pot with their mom plant. you could always let me baby sit it g
madgardener
wrote in message
.. .
got a cereus peruvianus that has become way too tall
and contemplating moving into another place with much lower
ceilings, so it has got to go

question is what to do with this 18 foot tall cactus?
it is about 15 years old and about 8 inches across at the base.

does it have any great value to maybe a restaurant
or ? any ideas of $

give it to the government?

what to do?

thanks

actually it had gotten to 20 feet and i cut off
the top 5 feet and potted and rooted that
and then it just grew back
and now it has two branches/split the last foot or
so

Old 25-03-2005, 05:37 AM
Cereus-validus.....

First of all, there is no such thing as Cereus peruvianus.

What is usually grown under that name is Cereus hildmannianus.

It is neither rare nor valuable. So don't expect to get any money for it.

Donate it to a local botanical garden. You can write it off that way.

wrote in message
got a cereus peruvianus that has become way too tall
and contemplating moving into another place with much lower
ceilings, so it has got to go

question is what to do with this 18 foot tall cactus?
it is about 15 years old and about 8 inches across at the base.

does it have any great value to maybe a restaurant
or ? any ideas of $

give it to the government?

what to do?

thanks

[IMG] code is On

How tall is TOO tall for seedlings? qazwsxed Gardening 3 23-03-2011 09:57 PM
Struggling to find homes for New Zealand Tree Ferns ranging in size from 7ft tall to over 10ft tall. PLEASE HELP [email protected] Gardening 0 26-07-2007 12:12 AM
Cereus question gwayner Plant Science 17 26-04-2003 01:30 PM
Not Cereus peruvianus jc Gardening 1 20-02-2003 03:15 AM
Cereus question gwayner Plant Science 19 19-02-2003 09:38 PM