Old 29-05-2005, 03:31 PM

Default planting mulberry trees saplings

What is the best way to plant mulberry tree saplings? I got some 1-2
foot long white mulberries and two red mulberries. The white ones I
planted all over the garden. I planted several in a woody area on my
land and they seemed to thrive. there was filtered sunlight there.
The ones I put in full sun seemed to just sit there. But after a week
or two, I read that saplings needed filtered sun. So I took some
aluminum foil and made a "tube" of alumunum foil around the lower half
of the saplings in full sun, to help cut down on the sun. I didn't
wrap the trunks of the saplings with the foil, I just made a little
tube of foil around them. Within a week, most of them in full sun were
sprouting leaves. They mostly only sprouted leaves in the part of the
trunk that was shielded with the aluminum foil, not the upper half
which was still exposed to full sun. The red mulberry trees were 2-3
feet high saplings. They so far aren't doing well. their leaves
turned yellow and seem to be drying. not sure why.

--Johnny

Old 29-05-2005, 07:53 PM
spakker

wrote in message
oups.com...
What is the best way to plant mulberry tree saplings ? I don't

know but I bought some black mullberry plants 8-9 inch tall at supermarket
and I can't believe how slowly they grow .

[IMG] code is On

Planting saplings Tim United Kingdom 10 01-02-2011 08:48 PM
Black walnut trees can be grown from seeds as well as saplings [email protected] Lawns 1 18-10-2006 08:09 PM
Black walnut trees can be grown from seeds as well as saplings [email protected] Gardening 0 18-10-2006 04:03 PM
Rabbits, chewing, and planting saplings Chris Wilson United Kingdom 62 03-03-2004 03:12 PM
Mulberry tree and foundations (was Love my Mulberry tree!!!) Geoff Cashman Gardening 3 11-07-2003 01:56 AM