Will crepe myrtle bloom again?

Old 09-06-2005, 09:10 PM
Ima Googler

Default Will crepe myrtle bloom again?

To make a long story short, the crepe myrtle in our yard was cut
complete to the ground in early spring. It's now formed into a nice
small bush about 3ft tall. Does anyone know if it will bloom this
summer considering it was so desperately wacked just a few months ago?
How tough are these things? It looks very healthy, just small.

Thanks!

Old 09-06-2005, 09:19 PM
Cereus-validus.....

Sorry to hear the Sopranos wacked your tree.

In time it will bloom again. Maybe even this year.

Have you considered doing the sacred fertility dance to speed up the time it
will flower?

Would anyone like to volunteer advising Ima on how to do the sacred
fertility dance?

ps.com...

Old 09-06-2005, 09:51 PM
Callen Molenda

All I can remember is that it involves stripping naked under the new moon -
if you demonstrate I'm sure my memory will return.

Callen in VA

. com...

Old 09-06-2005, 11:18 PM
David Bockman

"Ima Googler" wrote in
ps.com:

To make a long story short, the crepe myrtle in our yard was cut
complete to the ground in early spring. It's now formed into a nice
small bush about 3ft tall. Does anyone know if it will bloom this
summer considering it was so desperately wacked just a few months ago?
How tough are these things? It looks very healthy, just small.

Thanks!

It should. Crape Myrtle bloom on the tips of the current season's new
growth

email:
http://beyondgardening.com/Albums
Old 10-06-2005, 01:34 AM
Ima Googler

Thanks for all the replies!! Naked fertility dance, huh? I think
I'll pass on that one and hope for blooms anyway.

*haha*

Still in Bloom andrewpreece United Kingdom 6 28-11-2004 11:17 AM
Crepe Myrtle problem charliekilo Texas 4 01-09-2004 06:54 AM
crepe myrtle kate Gardening 12 14-04-2003 02:44 AM
Myrtle Tree Underplantings paghat Gardening 3 04-02-2003 03:44 PM
Do I Prune Crepe Myrtle or Not??? corky Lawns 3 02-01-2003 02:55 AM