when can i plant fava beans in Florida?

Old 09-03-2003, 04:20 PM
info

Default when can i plant fava beans in Florida?

i am in Tampa

thnx for help

Old 09-03-2003, 05:08 PM
Cereoid+10+

You can plant them anywhere you like but if you want to grow them, you
should plant them in soil!

info wrote in message
i am in Tampa

thnx for help

Old 09-03-2003, 07:20 PM
Shadow

"Cereoid+10+" wrote in message
You can plant them anywhere you like but if you want to grow them, you
should plant them in soil!

The question was "when", not "where". At least read the question properly
before spewing useless info.

To the original poster, here is a link that may help you regarding your
question.

http://www.efn.org/~rossr/ch6.html

--
Shadow
Made In Canada, eh.

Old 09-03-2003, 08:08 PM
Dave Fouchey

On Sun, 09 Mar 2003 19:16:02 GMT, "Shadow"
wrote:

"Cereoid+10+" wrote in message
. ..
You can plant them anywhere you like but if you want to grow them, you
should plant them in soil!

The question was "when", not "where". At least read the question properly
before spewing useless info.

To the original poster, here is a link that may help you regarding your
question.

http://www.efn.org/~rossr/ch6.html

I found that in North Florida anytime from early Feb through March
worked well, South Florida was just too warm for them most years,
though sometimes if planted in December they would produce before the
heat got to them.

Cheers!

Dave Fouchey
Sterling Heights, MI where it is all of 19F and an inch of solid ice
in the yard...no Fava Bean Planting for me today!

Old 10-03-2003, 12:08 AM
Shadow

"Cereoid+10+" wrote in message
.. .
So go and look it up in your Farmer's Almanac, you smartass Canucklehead.

Actually, if I'm not mistaken, the Old Farmers Almanac is an American
publication. There is a Canadian version of the Farmers Almanac, but I doubt
that it would provide much growing information for Florida. Besides, I
already posted a link which should answer the originals poster's question,
or at least hopefully give him/her a bit of useful info.

--
Shadow
Made In Canada, eh.

Old 10-03-2003, 12:56 AM
animaux

In Texas I plant them in November and harvest at this time or early April. It
is a cool weather legume and will wilt in the heat after April in the deep
south.

On Sun, 9 Mar 2003 11:19:56 -0500, "info" wrote:

i am in Tampa

thnx for help

Old 10-03-2003, 01:56 PM
Cereoid+10+

So is the Canadian version written in French?

If you know nothing about the subject, then you really have no reason to
disrupt the conversation other than to be a twit.

Here's a link to keep you amused. Puck off!
http://canuckleheads.com/

Shadow wrote in message

.. .

Old 10-03-2003, 09:44 PM
Shadow

"Cereoid+10+" wrote in message
.. .
So is the Canadian version written in French?

Yes, I believe it is actually published in both languages.

If you know nothing about the subject, then you really have no reason to
disrupt the conversation other than to be a twit.

My apologies. I was trying to help. I thought the link would be useful as it
spoke of when to plant the seeds in Florida.

Here's a link to keep you amused. Puck off!
http://canuckleheads.com/

Excellent link. Thanks very much. I'm a huge hockey fan and I hadn't seen
this site before. The videos are great. Thanks so much for the URL.

:-)

--
Shadow
Made In Canada, eh.