RGR and the ARS Annuals

Old 16-04-2015, 03:29 AM posted to rec.gardens.roses

Default RGR and the ARS Annuals

I have quite a few old ARS and National Rose Society (British) annuals plus some other old books on Roses and Gardening from the early 1900s from Dean Hole and James Whitcomb Riley, also How to grow Roses McFarland/Pyle from 1946 to name the ones I happen to bring to my desk. Would anyone be interested in buying them?

On Monday, December 20, 1999 at 12:00:00 AM UTC-8, Suzanne wrote:
Long Live RGR! Guess what? Some time back, I posted a question to Joel
inquiring about some American Rose Society Annuals (the old ones) and as a
result, found a surprise in my mailbox! Thank you, Frances!
She sent me 7 of them including one in the year of my birth. The booty
consisted of:

1922
1932
1945
1946
1947
1957 and
1958

These volumes smell musky (old) and I can't wait for the day when I have time to
look through them. Damn Christmas anyway. Bah Humbug!

Suzanne