Old 12-02-2003, 04:38 PM
L & S

Default Mountain Laurel problem

Hi all~

I have a neighbor who has a hedge of Mountain Laurels in their front yard.
These are older shrubs - over 8 feet tall. One of the shrubs is virtually
dead with brown, sparse leaves. The others all appear healthy. I also have
two Mountain Laurels in my back yard. Now, one of them has leaves in the
middle that resemble the leaves of their dead bush - and it appears to be
spreading. The other is healthy. I have found no pests and my research has
not found any possible causes for this. As mine have been in the ground for
3 years this Spring - and are just approaching decent size (they were 1 gal
weaklings when planted!) I don't want to lose them! Any ideas what could
have caused this - it's not the new growth that's dying, it's in the middle
of the shrub. Thanks!

Kalmia Latifolia (Mountain Laurel) Question mbillian Gardening 3 24-06-2003 02:20 AM
Texas Mountain Laurel: Sophora secundiflora Wendy North Carolina 1 01-05-2003 05:47 PM
mountain vs. cherry laurel cubby Texas 5 11-04-2003 02:56 PM
Mountain Laurel problem L & S Texas 0 05-04-2003 11:11 AM
Texas Mountain Laurel: Sophora secundiflora Wendy North Carolina 1 03-04-2003 05:44 PM