Old 01-11-2005, 12:33 PM
Dwayne

Default red delicious apples

As with almost all fruit, if not picked at the proper time, Red Delicious
apples will not have the taste of one that has been picked at the time
nature intended it to. I quit buying peaches or cantaloupes from the
supermarkets that belong to a "chain". The small mom and pop owned stores
usually buy from suppliers that deal in good produce. I don't know about
those, but some apples get better after being stored properly for 30 days or
longer. If you have any left, you might put them in the refrigerator for a
month or so.

Dwayne

wrote in message
Hello,

Further to my Ida Red thread, I bought some Red Delicious apples from
a supermarket(sorry) and I have to say that it did not live up to it's
name ;(

Do home grown ones taste any better?