Old 20-05-2006, 05:09 PM posted to rec.gardens
Randy

Default Golden Delicious Apple Tree?

I just planted a new apple tree and it is growing fine. Has put out
about 14 inches of grown since the winter.

I am seeing some leaves that have a golden tan-brown spot on the leaf?
What is this and what can I do to get rid of it?

Old 21-05-2006, 01:51 AM posted to rec.gardens
JoeSpareBedroom

"Randy" wrote in message
oups.com...
I just planted a new apple tree and it is growing fine. Has put out
about 14 inches of grown since the winter.

I am seeing some leaves that have a golden tan-brown spot on the leaf?
What is this and what can I do to get rid of it?

Have you contacted the cooperative extension in your state, which you did
not identify along with your original question?

Old 21-05-2006, 04:20 AM posted to rec.gardens
John A. Keslick, Jr.

Randy

1. Was the tree planted correctly.
2. Did you fertilize the tree when you planted it? With what and how much?
3. Did you prune the tree when you planted it?
Proper Planting Info
http://mercury.ccil.org/~treeman/sub1.html

Once I determine the 3 questions I can then proceed.

Sincerely,

John A. Keslick, Jr.
Beware of so-called TREE EXPERTS who do not understand TREE BIOLOGY!
www.treedictionary.com
http://mercury.ccil.org/~treeman/
that we are not the boss.
Some people will buy products they do not understand and not buy books that
will give them understanding.
oups.com...

Old 21-05-2006, 04:26 AM posted to rec.gardens
Charles

On 20 May 2006 09:09:18 -0700, "Randy" wrote:

I just planted a new apple tree and it is growing fine. Has put out
about 14 inches of grown since the winter.

I am seeing some leaves that have a golden tan-brown spot on the leaf?
What is this and what can I do to get rid of it?

did you look here?

http://www.ipm.ucdavis.edu/PMG/selec...st.apples.html
Old 21-05-2006, 06:08 AM posted to rec.gardens
sherwindu

Do you have any Junipers or Red Cedars nearby? It could be Apple Cedar Rust,
which is a symbiotic growth between those trees and your apple trees. I have
tried
various sprays to get rid of it, but finally pulled out two Red Cedars near my
apple
trees to stop it. Look for an ugly growth on the Junipers to match the apple
tree leaf
problem. Those trees could be a distance away, say on your neighbors property,
so
then you have to do the chemical thing.

Sherwin D.