Old 14-11-2015, 06:07 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

Default Hardy fuchsia -- please identify

Dear All,
Can anyone identify this hardy fuchsia, growing in a neighbour's
garden for me? Browsing Google Images, it looks quite like Eva Boerg
but I am not sure. Here are some photos,

http://www.mklab.rhul.ac.uk/~tom/fuc...920_123501.jpg
http://www.mklab.rhul.ac.uk/~tom/fuc...920_123509.jpg
http://www.mklab.rhul.ac.uk/~tom/fuc...920_123826.jpg
http://www.mklab.rhul.ac.uk/~tom/fuc...920_123830.jpg
http://www.mklab.rhul.ac.uk/~tom/fuc...004_123933.jpg
http://www.mklab.rhul.ac.uk/~tom/fuc...004_123944.jpg

Any ideas?

Thanks
Tom Crane

Ps. The email address in the header is just a spam-trap.
--
Tom Crane, Dept. Physics, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham Hill,
Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX, England.

Old 15-11-2015, 10:07 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Dear All,
Can anyone identify this hardy fuchsia, growing in a neighbour's
garden for me? Browsing Google Images, it looks quite like Eva Boerg
but I am not sure.

I would agree Eva Boerg, but Lena is possible, colours do change
depending on how you grow them, and how old the plant is.

http://divingbrit.co.uk/afuchsia/viewforum.php?f=10

with photos of 180 varities that I have grown
Old 23-11-2015, 01:35 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening
No Name

divingbrit wrote:

: Dear All,
: Can anyone identify this hardy fuchsia, growing in a neighbour's
: garden for me? Browsing Google Images, it looks quite like Eva Boerg
: but I am not sure.

: I would agree Eva Boerg, but Lena is possible, colours do change
: depending on how you grow them, and how old the plant is.

: http://divingbrit.co.uk/afuchsia/viewforum.php?f=10

: with photos of 180 varities that I have grown

Thanks to all who followed-up. I think Bon Accord looks a little more
single than my mystery flower. Lena's form looks quite similar but its
corolla looks a darker violet colour than any on my mystery plant but I
appreciate your point about the colours changing; with age/time of
year. Maybe Eva Boerg is the most likely candidate...

Regards
Tom

Ps. The email address in the header is just a spam-trap.
--
Tom Crane, Dept. Physics, Royal Holloway, University of London, Egham Hill,
Egham, Surrey, TW20 0EX, England.
Email: T dot Crane at rhul dot ac dot uk

Fuchsia - Fuchsia-firecracker-throwback.jpg Charles[_1_] Garden Photos 0 03-04-2009 08:40 PM
Fuchsia - Fuchsia-Firecracker.jpg Charles[_1_] Garden Photos 0 03-04-2009 08:40 PM
Fuchsia ID please Clive in Kent United Kingdom 7 08-08-2008 08:39 AM
hardy fuchsia jellyfish United Kingdom 3 04-04-2008 11:03 AM
Fuchsia problem help please Broadback United Kingdom 0 21-07-2007 12:52 PM