Old 13-03-2016, 10:17 AM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Default Seedfilms

Good morning.

I have received my set of 4 DVDs about seed production, recently, and
think that I can recommend them here. For details either go to
www.seedfilme.org (the 'e' is authentic) or, if you are in France and
prefer Kokopelli, find the DVDs in the catalogue for the « boutique ».

The price of 50€ covers the production costs. The whole box is under
Creative Commons license!

I have immediately created four iso-images of the DVDs and installed
them on two computers, with a little script that allows me to choose the
right DVD for a chapter. The video-format is in my opinion not the best
choice to make an “educational film” on seed-production. A data-DVD with
a nice and pratical menu-structure would have been better.

The license-agreement imposes that no changes be made to the original
work, which can be an argument for the complication, though, as the
video format forces the integrity of the package.

Here is the content of the whole set of four DVDs (in French):
http://www.fichier-pdf.fr/2016/03/13...-buissonieres/

I should have done this in English and German, too, but the thought hits
me only now. Sorry. Thereis always the web-site.

The available languages on the DVDs are English, French and German with
a bavarian accent. ;-)

Michael

--
Location: Lower Normandy (Orne), France
GnuPG brainpoolP512r1/5C2A258D 2015-10-02 [expires: 2017-10-01]
Old 14-03-2016, 12:36 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Here is the table of contents in English:
http://www.fichier-pdf.fr/2016/03/14/from-seed-to-seed/

Cheerio,

Michael

Old 14-03-2016, 04:03 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening

Michael Uplawski wrote:

I have received my set of 4 DVDs about seed production, recently, and
think that I can recommend them here.

Very excellent! I grow a limited number of heirloom veggie seeds, and
spend late winter nights drooling over the Seed Saver's Exchange yearbook.

I recently purchased* "The Manual of Seed Saving," by Andrea Heistinger,
with a Euro/Austrian/Swiss viewpoint. Lots of good information to add to
the U.S. oriented "Seed to Seed," by Suzanne Ashworth.

*abebooks.com, a consortium of used booksellers; some in England IIRC.