Old 16-05-2003, 10:44 PM
Mike

Default OT Equiv

Can someone please tell me what 6d in old money in May 1903 is equal to
in today's money.

I can remember a daily paper cost 1d in 1948 ish and a pint of milk cost
6d in 1960, but I wasn't around spending anything in 1903, honest :-)

Mike
Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more

Old 16-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Paul Kelly

"Mike" wrote in message

Can someone please tell me what 6d in old money in May 1903 is equal to
in today's money.

I can remember a daily paper cost 1d in 1948 ish and a pint of milk cost
6d in 1960, but I wasn't around spending anything in 1903, honest :-)

from http://www.wolfbane.com/rpi.htm

March 1915 to mrch 2003 is a ratio

179.9/4.2 = 42.83

ie 6d = 2.5p becomes 107p

from the data things were moving pretty slowly then so it will ot be far off

pk

Old 16-05-2003, 11:20 PM
shannie

--

"Mike" wrote in message

Can someone please tell me what 6d in old money in May 1903 is equal to
in today's money.

I can remember a daily paper cost 1d in 1948 ish and a pint of milk cost
6d in 1960, but I wasn't around spending anything in 1903, honest :-)

Mike

Hi Mike,
according to http://www.eh.net/ehresources/howmuch/poundq.php
6d in the year 1903 is equivalent to £1.25 in the year 2001. Sorry it only
goes up to 2001, best I could find tonight.

--

Shan (Ireland)
http://ukdiscus.com/main.htm

Old 16-05-2003, 11:20 PM
Bigjon

In a fit of excitement Mike uttered:

Can someone please tell me what 6d in old money in May 1903 is equal to
in today's money.

I can remember a daily paper cost 1d in 1948 ish and a pint of milk cost
6d in 1960, but I wasn't around spending anything in 1903, honest :-)

Mike
Forthcoming reunions. H.M.S.Collingwood Association Chatham May 30th - June 2nd
British Pacific Fleet Hayling Island Sept 5th - 8th
Castle Class Corvettes Assn. Isle of Wight. Oct 3rd - 6th.
R.N. Trafalgar Weekend Leamington Spa. Oct 10th - 13th. Plus many more

Try this for size :
http://www.lgfl.net/lgfl/accounts/sa.../1903prlst.htm
--
\\(º`¿´º)//
It's probably on http://support.microsoft.com/ somewhere....
Old 16-05-2003, 11:32 PM
shannie

"shannie" wrote in message

"Mike" wrote in message

Can someone please tell me what 6d in old money in May 1903 is equal to
in today's money.

I can remember a daily paper cost 1d in 1948 ish and a pint of milk cost
6d in 1960, but I wasn't around spending anything in 1903, honest :-)

Mike

Hi Mike,
according to http://www.eh.net/ehresources/howmuch/poundq.php
6d in the year 1903 is equivalent to £1.25 in the year 2001. Sorry it

only
goes up to 2001, best I could find tonight.

OOPS!! Copied that down wrong!!...Should read £1.52 .

Old 17-05-2003, 11:32 AM
Anne Wheeldon

"Bigjon" wrote in message
. ..
In a fit of excitement Mike uttered:

Can someone please tell me what 6d in old money in May 1903 is equal to
in today's money.

I can remember a daily paper cost 1d in 1948 ish and a pint of milk cost
6d in 1960, but I wasn't around spending anything in 1903, honest :-)

Mike

It's probably on http://support.microsoft.com/ somewhere....
If you can be bothered to look for it....

Don't know about 1903, but the London dockers went on strike in 1889 for 6d
an hour....

Old 17-05-2003, 11:56 AM
Andrew Wells

Mike wrote:
Can someone please tell me what 6d in old money in May 1903 is equal
to in today's money.

snips

A problem with this is deciding whether you are thinking in terms of prices
or wages. In price terms, as other people have suggested, £1.50 or so is
about right. However, wage inflation has been about 1.% pa higher than
price inflation on average, so 6d then is equivalent to more like £6.50 now.

Andrew