Old 19-03-2014, 06:14 PM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
Nightjar Nightjar is offline

Default Simply making taps impossible to steal

On 19/03/2014 15:04, P Bentley wrote:
Some Lowlife has stolen all the metal taps from our Allotment. Are there any
plastic taps to replace tham that anyone would recommend?

Not specifically, but this make is usually reliable:

http://www.plumbcenter.co.uk/en/plum...tap-1-2-296581

Presumably metal taps are still the most durable, but is there any way to
simply make them difficult to steal ? There are some metal covers we can
buy, but they are expensive and need locking up with a padlock every time;
which is a chore.

Besides which, they would probably steal the cover for its scrap value as well.

Colin Bignell