Old 20-03-2014, 06:14 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Vine Weevil

Have spent part of today clearing pots of old compost and failed plants.
In one 4ltr pot there were *tens* of VW larvae - and no roots left at
all:~(. I have no idea what was in the pot, as the label had
disappeared over winter. Very frustrating.

I thought VW season was May and again in August. If so, this is very
early, no doubt due to the mild winter. So if anyone has pots of valued
plants outside, it is not too early to check them out.

I should also mention that, a couple of weeks ago, I found a VW beetle
(the insect, not the car!) in a Cymbidium which had spent the summer
outdoors. You have been warned ...
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London