Old 22-03-2014, 07:35 AM posted to uk.d-i-y,uk.rec.gardening
ag.richards ag.richards is offline

Default Simply making taps impossible to steal

Hi A lot of brass taps are screwed to the back plate with P.T.F.E.I always
soldered mine and soldered the compression fitting as well.Retired
Plumber.T.R.

"P Bentley" wrote in message ...

"MattyF" wrote in message
On Thu, 20 Mar 2014 10:17:39 +0000, Muddymike wrote:

Go plastic, loads of options.

Plastic taps are bound to deteriorate in the sun.
And inside the house, I've had a lady visitor who couldn't remember which
way to turn a tap off, so she wound it the wrong way until the plastic
tap broke, causing a fountain in my bathroom.

Thanks to all. As far as making some more metal taps difficult to steal ,
they are simply screwed on at the end of a vertical pipe. So there is
nothing to attach any antitheft device to, as has been suggested.

So if buying some more metal taps, which is seen as the preference over
plastic; there still remains a as yet unsolved problem as how to make them
'theft-proof'. Life's not easy........