Old 22-03-2014, 05:54 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
David.WE.Roberts David.WE.Roberts is offline

Default Holes in leaves on Lemon Tree

On Fri, 21 Mar 2014 15:10:43 +0000, John Rye wrote:

Hello All

I met a friend at a meeting last night and she brought along a couple of
leaves from her small lemon tree. They had some holes in them in the
central part of the leaf. Has any one any idea what eats holes in the
middle of lemon leaves ?

Round the edge vine weavils, or leaf cutting beas might be a
possibility, but I have seen those in the middle.

Best Wishes

John

Where did the tree over winter?

Ours were under shelter but outside and they are covered with this Winter
Moth Caterpillar.

Holes all over the place, depending on where they folded the leaf.

In some cases two leaves are joined underside/top so there are munchings
in the middle.

Smaller leaves get folded in half, larger leaves get one edge folded.

Cheers

Dave R