Old 22-03-2014, 06:55 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
sacha sacha is offline

Default Snow!

On 2014-03-22 14:09:55 +0000, Spider said:

On 22/03/2014 13:11, Sacha wrote:
There was snow on the higher parts of Exmoor as we drove through this
morning and the temp there was 5C. It's a tropical 9C in South Devon!
Things are noticeably slower in blooming there. But we've just had a
brief hailstorm here.

Brrrr. Shiver me timbers! We've not had any snow, but I still can't
get warm. Hope this chilly phase is going to pass soon. I'd just
started being slightly brave and hardening a few plants off (yes,
obviously far too early), and now we're promised frosts. Still, I've
managed to get a few hardier things in the ground, so it was worth
while braving the elements.

Nobody could call it much of a snow but it took us by surprise as we
drove along Exmoor towards the Exeter road. There was just a slight
covering, x-th mls as Nick says but a surprise and some blown into the
hedgerows on our road. The hotel we stayed in had a view over the
Bristol Channel and one could see the weather coming in from all
directions, including an enormous and glorious rainbow yesterday. We
had a wonderfully variable time in weather terms.
--
Sacha
www.hillhousenursery.com