Old 22-03-2014, 10:28 PM posted to uk.rec.gardening
Spider[_3_] Spider[_3_] is offline

Default Why don't people ask beforehand?

On 22/03/2014 22:01, Martin wrote:
On Sat, 22 Mar 2014 14:14:25 +0000, Spider wrote:

On 22/03/2014 13:33, Bob Hobden wrote:
I've seen some horrendous "pruning" on our allotment site this week, you
simply would not believe it, so there will be no fruit this year if not
longer and it will take years for the plants to get back to the good
croppers they were, if they are not butchered again. The plot holders
concerned know at least two of us on the site know what we are doing,
pruning wise, so why won't people ask beforehand?

The next thing is these mature plants be grubbed out because they have
stopped fruiting!

-- Regards
Bob Hobden
Posting to this Newsgroup
from the W.of London. UK

Because many people simply don't understand just how crucial some
pruning is. If they did, they would ask or learn first. They simply
see a tree or bush which is getting too big and they want to control it.
If they could. They'll learn.

Our neighbour employs a professional to do her garden. He did exactly the same
to her apple trees as Bob's plot holders. Instead of weeding, he dumps earth on
top of the weeds in her small front garden.

Totally brainless, but utterly believable. No wonder gardening is not a
respected profession.
--
Spider.
On high ground in SE London